Wednesday, October 9, 2013

MaxSpect Nano Razor LED.. and my new Solana

So, I guess I'm just not meant for pico reefs. The temperature always fluctuated too much and water quality was just never as good as I liked. While browsing on www.SoCaliReefs.com, I found a tank that was perfect: an used 34-gallon Solana AIO (all-in-one).

The Nano Razor I had was perfect for this 20" x 20" x 20" cube: seemed like it was just meant to be. While the tank was in great shape, the stand that came with it needed some work. After a long afternoon in the garage, the stand was chopped down to a comfortable 27" height and was sanded and repainted to look as good as new! Water and sand was taken from my 150-gallon aquarium and some cured liverock was placed into the back chamber for filtration to minimize the cycling time.

 Current inhabitants include 2 tank-bred ocellaris clownfish and 2 tank-bred "Maine Blizzard" clownfish.





No comments:

Post a Comment